This policy answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
Information We Collect
Registration and Your Personal Profile
When you register with the Site, you provide us with certain personal information, such as a screen name (which may or may not be your real name), email address, gender, zip/postal code and date of birth. If you choose to participate in the Services offered through our social product network, we may also collect your full name, mailing address and social security number in order to pay any commissions associated with your Tibesti account.
When you use the Site or Services, you will have the option of setting up a personal profile by providing general information about yourself, such as your interests and hobbies. Additionally, when using the Site or Services, you will have the option to form relationships, send messages to your friends and other users, perform searches and queries, form groups, add applications, and transmit information through various channels.
- to store a user's log-in identity so that your session won't expire unless you actively log out;
- to keep a record of the programming or products you viewed when you last left the Site; and
- to tailor the Site’s content to your interests.
We also keep track of your interaction with the Site and other users. Specifically, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, which Services you use and when and how long you use them, what programming and products you view and share with friends and other users and how long you view it, your browsing history on the Site (including any links that you may click within the Site), your search history, and any social connections you have (i.e., your friends and the groups you have joined).
You will have the opportunity to connect with friends from your other networks, such as AOL, Gmail, LinkedIn, Hotmail and Yahoo. The Site will identify the email addresses of the friends in your other networks, and if any of these friends are already Tibesti users, we will offer you the opportunity to connect as friends on Tibesti, and if you choose to do so, a friend request will be sent by email.
If any of your friends are not Tibesti users, we will enable you to invite those friends to join Tibesti. You will be able to select those friends in your other networks that you wish to invite (if any), and Tibesti will send emails on your behalf to each of these friends inviting them to visit the Site and register as a Tibesti user. If any of your friends respond to your invitation, and subsequently register as Tibesti users, you will be offered the opportunity to connect as friends on Tibesti. If you choose to connect, a friend request will be sent by email.
If your email address appears in anyone else's network, Tibesti may use your email address for the purposes described above.
The Site and Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 nor is any part of our website, software or service directed to children under the age of 13. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal information we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 13.
If you are under 16, you may only use the Site if you have obtained the consent of your parent(s) or other legal guardian. By using the Site and the Services, you warrant that you have obtained such consent.
Information We Use
As a general matter, we use the information that you provide to us to process your user registration, and to provide, enhance and personalize the Site and Services; and we use the information automatically collected by our servers to monitor and analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to maintain and improve the Site and Services.
We may use your email address for the following purposes:
- to send you email newsletters that keep you updated about the programming on the Site;< /li>
- to send you other email communications that keep you updated about Services and other functionality of the Site, including, information about available upgrades, functionality and/or features;
- to ask you to participate in surveys that help us make the Site and Services better,
- to respond to or confirm your requests or activity on the Site;
- to notify you of activity initiated by your friends, or members of groups that you have joined (i.e., to notify you if someone wishes to add you as a friend, or if someone sends you a message, or wishes to share a product with you);
- to notify you of the existence of other Tibesti users who have similar tastes to you;
- to notify you of service issues and unusual account actions (e.g. password resets); and
- to notify and warn you of inappropriate conduct, and if necessary, to inform you of the suspension or deletion of your account.
By accessing or using the Site or any Services, you consent to receiving these emails from us (and from these third parties), but have the right to unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time (see below).
- As stated above, if you have registered for a premium Tibesti account, we use your personal information such as your name, address, billing and mailing address, credit card number and other billing information for billing purposes when we charge you for the use of your Tibesti account, e.g., your monthly membership fee. We will not use your credit card number or other billing information in connection with any other purchases you may make through the Service. You will be required to submit your credit card or other acceptable payment method and billing information to such third party separately in order to complete any purchase.
- Other Personal Information
We may use personal information that you provide, or that we learn about you, to:
- provide recommendations on products that we think will be interesting to you based on your previous viewing history;
- personalize the Site to better reflect your particular interests,
- attribute your comments, ratings and other contributions to you,
- maintain your social connections (e.g. your friends and groups),
- suggest new social connections (e.g. by informing you of the existence of other users having similar tastes to yours, and vice versa), and
- otherwise improve your use of the Site and the Services
We will also use this information to help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests, and otherwise enhance our service offering for our users.
Additionally, we, and other registered users will be able to send you messages on or through the Site,. These messages may relate to updates on programming, products or other special events or items. You will have the ability to manage your receipt of these types of messages through your personal settings on the Site.
If, at any point in time, you are not interested in receiving emails or other announcements from us, you will be able to "opt-out" by clicking on the specified link in any given email communication, by modifying your personal settings on the Site, or by emailing us at privacy@Tibesti.com. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account.
Sharing of Information
We will not sell or rent your email address or any of your personal information. We will, however, share your information in the following ways.
With Other Users
Your Tibesti profile information will be available to other users of the Site. You can elect not to have your Tibesti profile made public using the "Public Profile" check box in your profile settings.
All information that you post or share through your use of the Site or Services, such as your personal profile, comments, messages, favorite products, or other information, is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, favorite products, or other items, this information may become publicly available.
As Aggregated Data
We may use your personal information to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, investors and other third parties. We will also share statistical and demographic information about our users and their use of the Site and Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming. We may also disclose and otherwise use de-identified information about users. None of the above would include anything that could be used to identify you in the offline world or to discover individual information about you.
With Service Providers
As Otherwise Required
We will share personal information we collect from you if we believe it is reasonably necessary to make available the Site and Services, legally required, or otherwise permitted by you. For example:
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process anywhere in the world, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Services, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Tibesti, its employees, users of the Services or others.
Third Parties Who Collect and Receive Your Information
Third Party Applications
By using the Site and Services, you consent to the processing of data about you by us or other third parties in the manner set out above.
Control of Your Information
You post content on the Site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your profile and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your content.
You can access and update most of your personal information through the use of the Site. If you wish to review and/or correct any personal information not yet available through the use of the Site, please send a request to privacy@Tibesti.com and we will attempt to fulfill your request. We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, unduly burdensome or impractical or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others.
We take many precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access, such as internal corporate policies to limit access to systems that store your personal information. We continue to store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our service and periodically destroy old personal information in accordance with our company policies, including when it is no longer necessary in order to offer you the same high quality service. In most cases, we will keep one archival copy of your information to allow us to comply with laws or respond to legal processes. Any credit card or other billing information you supply us is transmitted and protected via Secure Socket Layer technology (“SSL”) and HTTPS protocol and then stored into our databases using industry standard triple encryption methods to be accessed only as stated above.
Using Your Personal Information in Other Countries
By accessing or using the Site or any Services, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States, any Member State of the European Union, and at Tibesti's discretion, any other country of the world.
EU Safe Harbor Compliance
We adhere to the European Safe Harbor principles as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personally identifiable information collected from citizens of the European Union. For more information, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Terms of Service / Notification of Changes
Questions? Contact Us
It is extremely important to us that your privacy is treated with the utmost respect. If you have any concerns, questions, or ideas on how we can do a better job at this while offering our unique product recommendation social networking service, please let us know by emailing privacy@Tibesti.com.